← Back to context Comment by akulbe 4 months ago WOW. I'm glad I bought the beast yesterday.The same spec machine I got yesterday is now $2800 more. 9 comments akulbe Reply archvile 4 months ago Mac Studio?I'm on an M2 Max and looks like I'll be holding onto this thing for a few more generations. akulbe 4 months ago No, M5 Max MBP with all the options.I wanted a Studio, but if I was going to get a Studio, I'd get something older because they crippled the current models.I have an M2 Max, as well, and I wonder what I could get for it on resale... or maybe I should just keep it. sneak 4 months ago Crippled how? 2 replies → efficax 4 months ago my M1 mac studio from 2022 is still going strong and i can't see a reason to replace it in the next few years anyway dgellow 4 months ago Wow, how much did you pay? $10k? That’s a beefy config akulbe 4 months ago $7349, and as of today, it'd be $10149 dgellow 4 months ago That price hike hurts to see
archvile 4 months ago Mac Studio?I'm on an M2 Max and looks like I'll be holding onto this thing for a few more generations. akulbe 4 months ago No, M5 Max MBP with all the options.I wanted a Studio, but if I was going to get a Studio, I'd get something older because they crippled the current models.I have an M2 Max, as well, and I wonder what I could get for it on resale... or maybe I should just keep it. sneak 4 months ago Crippled how? 2 replies → efficax 4 months ago my M1 mac studio from 2022 is still going strong and i can't see a reason to replace it in the next few years anyway
akulbe 4 months ago No, M5 Max MBP with all the options.I wanted a Studio, but if I was going to get a Studio, I'd get something older because they crippled the current models.I have an M2 Max, as well, and I wonder what I could get for it on resale... or maybe I should just keep it. sneak 4 months ago Crippled how? 2 replies →
efficax 4 months ago my M1 mac studio from 2022 is still going strong and i can't see a reason to replace it in the next few years anyway
dgellow 4 months ago Wow, how much did you pay? $10k? That’s a beefy config akulbe 4 months ago $7349, and as of today, it'd be $10149 dgellow 4 months ago That price hike hurts to see
akulbe 4 months ago $7349, and as of today, it'd be $10149 dgellow 4 months ago That price hike hurts to see
Mac Studio?
I'm on an M2 Max and looks like I'll be holding onto this thing for a few more generations.
No, M5 Max MBP with all the options.
I wanted a Studio, but if I was going to get a Studio, I'd get something older because they crippled the current models.
I have an M2 Max, as well, and I wonder what I could get for it on resale... or maybe I should just keep it.
Crippled how?
2 replies →
my M1 mac studio from 2022 is still going strong and i can't see a reason to replace it in the next few years anyway
Wow, how much did you pay? $10k? That’s a beefy config
$7349, and as of today, it'd be $10149
That price hike hurts to see